WHY SHOULD I TEST FOR RADON?
For those who are not yet familiar with radon, it is a radioactive gas found in homes and even businesses. It comes from the natural breakdown of uranium found in nearly any type of soil.
Radon moves up from the ground into your home or business through any crack and crevasse in the foundation. Additionally, radon can sneak into your home through the well water.
Once radon is then in your home, it can then be trapped inside and continue to be built up.
Old or new, any home can obtain high levels of radon. This also is the case whether your home has a basement or not. Given that much of your time is spent at home, living in a home with high levels of radon can come with serious health risks.
Health Risks That Come With High Levels Radon
Radon is known for being a cancer-causing radioactive gas. Although you can't see, smell, or taste radon, it causes thousands of deaths a year. Breathing in air that is contaminated with radon can cause lung cancer. In fact, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer today. This is why it is especially important to regularly check your home for radon. Contact MW Radon for all your radon testing, mitigation, and servicing needs.
ABOUT MW RADON
MW Radon has been providing radon testing, mitigation and servicing since 2016. Marc, lead technician, has over 12 years of experience working in the HVAC industry. He's received training at the University of Minnesota and is an NRPP certified radon professional. MW Radon puts customer service and safety first. We strive to be as flexible as possible so that the process is headache-free for all of our customers. Servicing Southeastern South Dakota for all of your radon needs.
NRPP License #112462 RMP